A few days ago I instagrammed a pic of my new Donna Wilson plates while doing the dishes (yes, roll your eyes, I haven’t got a dishwasher at home). Dishwashing is one of those chores that I deeply detest. However, I’ve found a way to cheer up even the dullest of household chores by washing happy plates. Yet another great way to add fun and happiness to the spooky dish washing duty are fun tea towels. Off I went to find five really happy examples for you and here is my loot:
1. The tea lover will appreciate a good storm in the cup, won’t you? The beautiful illustration and the fab font are such a winner combination. Seen on ‘To Dry For’.
2. Graphic, colourful, happy – the tea towel named ‘Royal Hawaiian Triangles’ by Canadian designer Avril Loreti will make you want to dry the dishes several times a day. Found through my Canadian blogging friend Tim.
3. Ooh la la – for the little (or grand) Frenchman in you here comes the ‘torchon’ (tea towel to dry in style – à la française. Seen on ‘To Dry For’.
4. Doing the dishes is good for mental escapes – you get time to think of nice places you’d like to visit next time. Like a little mountain hut deep in the forest. Oh, probably it was the Leah Duncan tea towel that made you dream about mountain peaks and deep forests?
5. Combine old and new! Take a linen tea towel and print some neon polka dots and lines on it – and you’ll be ready for a glam dish washing action in you kitchen. This one can be found on ‘La Cerise sur le gateau’.
Happy dish washing:-)