One thing I’d like to do more often is cooking. I’d love to spend more time in the kitchen (to be honest, first I’d like to have a decent kitchen and not a teenie-tiny kitchenette) and try out some concoctions found in inspiring cooking books and on Pinterest (oh yes, Pinterest has turned into an online cooking book, too). But my daily job keeps me from developing my chef qualities. But I strongly believe the day will come, when I will rock the kitchen – and I will be prepared! With many things. Among them, these five happy kitchen friends.
1. Paper napkins? Yeah right, if you organize a kiddo birthday. But not for decent table settings. How about these ethnic inspired Tulum napkins as seen at Anthropologie? Definitely a nice pop of colour!
2. Storing herbs, homemade jams, sauces, secret ingredients is a necessity. Storing them and blissfully arranging them on open shelves is another story. An all time favorite are these Weck jars as seen on Terrain.
3. A good espresso is compulsory to round up a fine lunch or dinner. Here, the buzzword is ‘classic’ – like this espresso cooker as seen on Butlers.
4. I love a bit of a worn and rustic feeling – even in kitchen. No wonder I fell in love with this wooden bread board by Toast.
5. Surprise your guests with unexpected starters. And place them decoratively on this adorable Kate Spade tray. What’s not to love about it, right?
Happy hump day, friends!
this is me adding ALL of these (especially those anthro napkins) to my wedding registry. great finds!!
Justina, those Anthro napkins were made for you, right?? I mean they scream JUSTINA BLAKENEY!!! Glad you like these ideas!
Hi Igor: I am from Mexico City and would adore to cook more often too! You made me laugh about your tiny kitchenette… Where can I get this adorable things? The Kate Spade tray is fascinating! Keep posting, I just discovered your blog and so much like it! I have one too, but it’s in Spanish. Still, worth a visit, eh? http://www.cynthialeppaniemi.com
Cynthia, thank you very much for your kind words! I am off to visit your blog now! And all the above shown products are available online – the links are in the text!
Did I ever mention how much I love Weck jars?! 😉
I kinda recall something like that…indeed:-)
I love the clear jars … def an inspiration for storing pretty things (even earthy herbs). Plus, they seem stackable – I love it!!!!
Those napkins are really cute. I just got one of those espresso cookers and it is a revelation – great coffee every time and it looks so good on the stove!
Another one for the Weck jars here! And love the cutting board too.
I’m sure when the time is right, you will definitely rock that kitchen!
I thought I loved those jars best, but that bird tray…divine.
This is identical to my kitchen. As I spend a lot of time in my kitchen is has to be the way I like!
This is identical to my kitchen. As I spend a lot of time in my kitchen it is has to be the way I like!