Hello, Happy Interior Blog readers! It’s so fun to be guest blogging here today whilst Igor escapes to sunnier climes! My name is Will and I blog daily over at Bright.Bazaar about all things colourful and eclectic in interiors. I thought it would be fun to replicate one of Igor’s fab regular features, Five Happy Inspirations, so here are my top five Must Haves of the moment:
1. I’m pretty sure my heart skips a beat each and every time I see the Wilmot sofa in the window of my local Habitat store. The Scandinavian simplicity appeals to my urge to keep key pieces of furniture pared-back – I like to use them as a canvas to add lots of colourful brights. Rest assured, if this piece made it into my Bright.Bazaar home, it would soon be acquainted with a pile of vibrant textiles. I’m thinking hot pink or yellow would be a match made in sofa heaven!
2. Another Habitat lust item is their Saunders rubber pendant, which I’ve been crushing on since I saw it at their press show in the height of the summer. The use of rubber makes the piece all the more interesting as you expect it to be metal at first glance. I also like how it has a light filter underneath to produce a softer pool of light.
3. I discovered Baines & Fricker at TENT London during London Design Festival and their take on the fruit crate is a winner in my book. I love how they’ve used both type and colour to create a striking graphic effect.
4. I’ve been waiting a while for Robert’s radio to release one of their Retro Revival radios in a colour I could get down with. Well, their Mustard Yellow Radio certainly ticks that box, I love it.
5. To me, scrolling through School House Electric’s emporium of lighting and office goodies is as enjoyable as being in a candy store is for a kid. The brand’s yellow clock is hand assembled in Portland, Oregon and the second hand moves continuously – a must for me as I’m not a fan of ticking clocks in an office!
Thanks for reading, folks. If you like, you can find more colourful inspiration from me on my blog | facebook | twitter | pinterest.
Mr. Bazaar, aka Will
AAH-hello Will! Lovely to see you here too! How gorgeous is the yellow radio?! 😉 caroline x
Hello lovely Caroline! A little secret… I might have treated myself to the radio over the weekend. Tee hee! 🙂 x
Great picks, Will! I think that sofa is screaming my name 🙂 Enjoy the rest of the trip, Igor!
Great to see you here, Will!
The sofa would be perfect for my new home somewhen, too … and right, a pop of colour would make it even a bit more perfect 🙂 Great choises!
You two are killing me! Mr. H + Mr. B = double chic! Love all your picks Will … and that rubber pendant … I WANT IT!
Hello Will, now how did you get Igor to agree to change the links to a noticeable blue instead of his usual grey. BTW, I agree with you, it makes it easier to see the links:)
How nice to bump into you here….yellow is the theme today. Love the clock and the radio. x